A collaborative project
The relevant British local authorities are also closely associated with the project, as is the special cycling organisation, Sustrans.
Who does what ?
- The Association Avenue Verte London <> Paris ensures the operational and financial coordination of the project in France. The running of the association is managed by the Conseil général de la Seine-Maritime.
The Association Avenue Verte London <> Paris ensures:
- the coordination of the route's infrastructure, notably via standardized signposting;
- promotional and marketing activities;
- the organising of special events.
- The départements (or French counties) through which the Avenue Verte passes and that are members of the association oversee the setting-up of the route in their area alongisde the parishes and communities involved.
- The various départements' tourist boards, the Comités Départementaux du Tourisme, support and enhance the tourist potential of the route for the communities concerned. They put to the fore the national brand, Accueil Vélo, around the route, in association with the organisation France Vélo Tourisme, which promotes cycling networks around France.
- The region of Ile-de-France around Paris offers operational and financial support in the relevant parts of its territories.
- The cycling organisation France Vélo Tourisme deals with the promotion of the route at national level, in particular via its website, www.francevelotourisme.com/.
- The various user associations can make proposals and promote the project at local level.
- In Britain, the specialist cycling organisation, Sustrans, coordinates the planning and setting up of the route with the local authorities concerned and communicates information about the route on its website, www.sustrans.org.uk/.
- Seine-Saint-Denis Departement
- Hauts-de-Seine Departement
- Val d’Oise Departement
- Haute-Normandie County
The Tourism organisations partners
- Seine-Maritime Tourisme
- Oise Tourisme
- Eure Tourisme
- Val d’Oise Tourisme
- Yvelines Tourisme
- Hauts-de-Seine Tourisme
- Seine-Saint-Denis Tourisme
- Parc naturel régional du Vexin français
- East Sussex County Council